Here is the rule for The Potato Hack:
If you're eating something that's not a potato, you're doing it wrong.
1. Eat nothing but potatoes for 3 to 5 days
2. Eat 2 to 5 pounds of potatoes each day
3. No other foods are allowed (This includes butter, sour cream, cheese, and bacon bits.)
4. Salt, pepper, and vinegar are allowed, but not encouraged
5. When thirsty, only drink coffee, tea, or water
6. Heavy exercise is discouraged, while light exercise and walking are encouraged
7. Take your normal medications (Dietary supplements are optional during the hack.)
Expected Results from 3 to 5 Days of The Potato Hack:
- Fat loss of 3 to 5 pounds
- Reduction in inflammation and joint pain
- Reduction in digestive complaints
- Increased insulin sensitivity, along with lower fasting blood glucose levels
- Restoration of healthy intestinal bacteria
- Continued weight loss upon resumption of normal diet
Many people report, for the first time in a long time, they are not hungry, despite eating such a bland diet of restricted calories.
People also report better sleep and habitual snorers stop snoring.
Those that have watched a scale that will not budge for months or years report daily losses of a half pound to one pound.
Also, the weight does not come back, as it tends to do in other 'crash' diets.
To learn more, read the book, The Potato Hack: Weight Loss Simplified by Tim Steele.
You'll not only discover an unusual way to lose weight, but also how to reduce chronic inflammation, which can eventually lead to disease.
Note: I would highly encourage you to buy the book. In particular, read the chapter about resistant starch and how it relates to the human microbiome and gut health.
To see the website of Tim Steele, author of The Potato Hack, Click Here.
Here are a few links to check out, regarding potatoes and weight loss:
By the way, if you're not quite ready to hack your diet by consuming nothing but potatoes, then consider Bob's Red Mill Potato Starch to get started towards a healthy gut microbiome.
I take a spoonful of this resistant starch every day. It's quick and easy, as well as a cheap way to feel better overall.
My wife orders Bob's Red Mill Potato Starch at Amazon.com and has it shipped directly to our house.