According to Dr. Murray, author of the book, "What the Drug Companies Won't Tell You And Your Doctor Doesn't Know," our reliance on medications to cure is at the core of America's health problems.
He details how pharmaceutical treatments for common diseases are often ineffective and result in serious side effects, which are frequently hidden from the public:
- According to a noted Harvard cardiologist and published studies in the Journal of the American Medical Association, more than 80 percent of coronary angioplasty and bypass operations are not necessary.
- Since statins were introduced in 1987, the number of people in the United States with high cholesterol has increased from 13 million to nearly 100 million.
- It is estimated that 70 percent of patients with chronic daily headaches suffer from drug-induced headaches.
- Aspirin, ibuprofen, and other nonsteroidal drugs (NSAIDs) used for arthritis lead to joint destruction by inhibiting the formation of cartilage.
- Acetaminophen overdose is the leading cause of acute liver failure and causes 10 percent of all cases of kidney failure.
- Drugs like Paxil, Zoloft, and Prozac contribute to obesity, but weight gain is not listed as a common side effect of these drugs.
- It is estimated that drug companies spend more than $57.5 billion a year marketing to physicians - with 700,000 practicing physicians in the United States, it is estimated that the drug industry spends about $60,000 in marketing per physician annually.
- According to a very detailed analysis by two Canadian researchers, Marc-André Gagnon and Joel Lexchin, drug companies spend twice as much money on marketing as on research and development.
- There is now considerable evidence that the drug companies exert significant control over the FDA and the drug approval process.
Michael T. Murray, N.D., has also written over twenty other books including Dr. Murray’s Total Body Tune-Up, The Pill Book Guide to Natural Medicines, and The Encyclopedia of Healing Foods.
One way to avoid the use of pharmaceutical drugs is to live a healthy lifestyle.
This can also include BarleyLife Xtra, which is an easy way to get your fruits and veggies every day.
To learn more, Click Here.