The Fruits and Vegetables in BarleyLife Xtra
1) Apple - Apples are a good source of vitamin C. It's one of the major reasons BarleyLife Xtra has over one-third of your daily requirements of Vitamin C. Apples are also a good source of antioxidants (cancer fighters) and have been linked to lower cholesterol levels.
2) Cherries - Cherries have a high ORAC score. They reduce inflammation and contain lots of vitamin C as well as melatonin, a chemical that helps people sleep better.
3) Broccoli - Broccoli contains vitamins A and C and is a good source of calcium. Like cherries, broccoli is known for its anti-inflammatory phytonutrients (plant medicines). It's also a good source of beta carotene, an antioxidant (cancer fighter).
4) Carrots - Consumers already know carrots are good for you. Carrots are famous for their promotion of eye health, due to the antioxidant lutein. However, carrots also have alpha and beta carotene, which contain even more antioxidants as well as a lot of vitamin A. One serving of BarleyLife Xtra has 28 percent of your daily need for vitamin A.
5) Cranberries - Cranberries are a good source of vitamin C and vitamin E. In addition, cranberries are second only to blueberries when it comes to the amount of antioxidants (cancer fighters).
6) Grapes - Grapes also contain the antioxidant lutein to help your eyes. Grapes are also a good source of vitamin C and have flavonoids, which help stop the damage from free radicals (aging).
7) Lemon - Lemons are another good source of vitamin C as well as flavonoids. Lemons also help alkalize your body.
8) Lime - Limes, like apples, have been linked to lower cholesterol levels. Also like lemons, limes have been known to help with scurvy. Lastly, limes have antioxidants and have been used to treat diarrhea.
9) Oranges - Oranges are an excellent source of vitamin C and help boost your immune system. Oranges also have anti-inflammatory properties, vitamin B-6, the nutrient choline, magnesium, riboflavin and folate.
10) Pineapple - Pineapples contain vitamin C and vitamin A, as well as calcium, iron vitamin B-6, folate, riboflavin, antioxidants and beta-carotene. The consumption of pineapple has been linked to decrease in macular degeneration, prevention of asthma, lower blood pressure, heart health, healthy skin, better digestion and more.
11) Chicory - Chicory is a vegetable that contains vitamin K, folate, calcium, manganese, potassium and copper. It has been linked to digestive health, liver health and anti-inflammatory properties. (Chicory root is also used in alternative medicine to kill parasites. The leaves are often used in salads.)
12) Guar Gum - Guar gum is a vegetable gum that contains a great deal of potassium as well as calcium and has been linked to bowel health.
13) Kale - Kale has vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, magnesium and potassium. It has heart health benefits, anti-inflammation, skin and eye health, detoxification, and lower cholesterol.
14) Kelp - Kelp contains vitamin C, vitamin K, folate, calcium, magnesium and iron. It has been linked to heart health, bone health and thyroid health.
15) Lo Han Guo - Lo Han Guo is an all-natural sweetener that has zero calories. (Lo Han is also called Monk's fruit. It doesn't seem to do much but be sweet, as far as I know.)
16) Raspberries - Raspberries have vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin A, potassium, folate and calcium. They have been linked to anti-inflammatory properties, high ORAC score, alleviation of arthritis and graceful aging.
17) Strawberries - Strawberries contain vitamin C, vitamin A, folate, iron, calcium, magnesium and potassium. These red berries have been linked to the reduced risk of heart disease and stroke, reduction of free radicals, lower blood pressure, digestive health, reduced depression and lessening of allergies as well as asthma.
18) Tomatoes - Tomatoes have lycopene, vitamin A, vitamin C, folic acid, beta-carotene, lutein and choline. Tomatoes have been known to help with prostate cancer as well as colon health, lower blood pressure, heart health, better skin, digestive health and happiness.
Of course, the primary ingredient in BarleyLife Xtra is young barley grass. This nutrient-dense green plant has been found to be one of the most nutritious plants on earth.
To learn more about BarleyLife Xtra, Click Here.
P.S. BarleyLife Xtra is a quick and easy way to get your fruits and vegetables.
It only takes a few minutes a day to get the nutrition your body needs, but the benefits last a lifetime.
To find out more about this green superfood, Click Here.