Each day, every cell in your body is attacked by more than 10,000 free radicals. What do free radicals do?
These molecules are highly reactive with other molecules in your body. They’re missing an electron, so they spend their time robbing electrons from healthy cells.
Here are some ways free radicals rob you of your health:
- Damage cholesterol and make it more likely to stick to the lining of your arteries, increasing risk for a heart attack or stroke.
- Wreak havoc on the DNA inside of your cells, causing cell mutations that can lead to cancer.
- Attack the delicate structures of the eyes, promoting cataracts and macular degeneration.
- Pillage your neurons - the nerve cells in your brain - and contribute to Alzheimer's.
- Weaken collagen and elastin - the two structural proteins in your skin - contributing to wrinkles and the other visible signs of aging
The good news is your amazing body has mechanisms to neutralize these molecules and repair their damage.
Eating foods high in antioxidants (cancer fighters) - including carotenoids, vitamin C, vitamin E, chlorophyll (healer of sick cells), and phytonutrients (plant medicines) - is one way to lighten the free radical load of your body.
All of these nutrients and more can be found in the many nutritional supplements from The AIM Companies.
So how are you protecting yourself?