1. Consume high quality protein. The amino acids in protein are the building blocks of muscle. Consider adding ProPeas to your smoothie.
2. Get 30 grams of protein per meal. Though it's more than what's recommended for general health and good nutrition, "getting a consistent, moderate 30-gram dose at mealtimes appears to be optimal for building and maintaining lean muscle mass." (University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee). (Note: 12 grams of protein per serving in ProPeas.)
3. Eat you omega-3 fat. The essential fatty acids are known to boost everything from heart health to mood. And a growing body of research has also linked omega-3s with muscle maintenance. Essential fatty acids are an anti-inflammatory powerhouse. AIMega is a balanced essential fatty acid.
4. Check your Vitamin D levels. If you are deficient, consider upping your daily intake with a supplement. Vitamin D helps with muscle protein synthesis and fights inflammation. CalciAIM is an all-natural Vitamin D supplement.
5. Do some resistance training. It is massively important for building muscle-and preventing it from vanishing in the first place. About twenty to thirty minutes, three times a week, is what’s often recommended. Research shows that one to two short resistance workout each week can improve muscle mass and strength.
6. Get your heart pumping too. Aerobic exercise improves your body's response to insulin and insulin helps with muscle health and repair. Try to get at least thirty minutes of moderate to intense cardio, such as brisk walking, biking or swimming, three or more days a week.