My wife credits juicing, along with whole-food nutritional supplements, as the reason her eyesight was restored.
Now, she no longer needs to wear glasses and is happy she doesn't have to hassle with them anymore.
Following are ten reasons why you too should consider juicing for good health:
1. Liquids - We need liquids to remain healthy, and juicing is a good source of liquids.
2. Specific Vitamins and Minerals - When you juice raw fruits and vegetables, you get specific vitamins and minerals in a natural, easily absorbable form. Looking for beta carotene? Drink carrot juice. Looking for potassium? Try a green juice, or blackberry juice.
3. Phytochemicals - Heard of them? They are substances in plants that are linked to good health and to prevention of specific diseases. They are found only in fruits and vegetables, and juicing is a great way to get them.
4. Protein from Non-Meat Sources - Although fruits and vegetables do not contain large quantities of protein, their juice can be a convenient carrier. Simply add some brewer's yeast, wheat germ, or whole grains to whatever you are juicing. These give you protein without the fat that meat contains, and protein that is quickly and easily absorbed by the body.
5. Quick Absorption - When you drink juice, the nutrients get to you quickly.
6. Less Digestive Work - When you drink juice, you save your body energy; it doesn't have to do as much digesting. It also helps maintain your supply of digestive enzymes; you do not use as many.
7. Healthy Sugar - No, this is not an oxymoron. Juices contain simple sugars that we need for energy; however, because they are combined with other healthful nutrients, they are not harmful, as are refined sugars.
8. The Complete Package - When you juice, you get the whole package - all the nutrients found in fruits and vegetables. This means natural nutrients in natural proportions, not added sugars, like those found in juices on supermarket shelves.
9. Juicing Helps Prevent Disease - Many studies point to a diet high in fruits and vegetables can help prevent disease.
10. Enzymes - Fruit and vegetable juices provide a convenient source of enzymes. Although people don't think of them much, enzymes are extremely important to health. They spark the essential chemical reactions we need to live. They are necessary for digesting food, for stimulating the brain, for providing cellular energy, and for repairing all tissue.